Faurefold is managed by Girlguiding Surrey East and owned by Girlguiding London South West. The site is managed by a group of volunteers, at the moment mainly members of Girlguiding, their families or friends, but anyone with skills and enthusiasm are welcome to join us. If you would like to help us with the maintenance, fundraising or in some other way, then join us as a Friend of Faurefold. We will keep you up to date on events and developments on the site.
We continue to fundraise and with the house closed and our income stream halted due to Covid-2020 this is as important as ever.
Here are some ways you can help:
CHALLENGE YOURSELF: Fancy a Challenge – Could you do something to help Faurefold? Visit our Just Giving Pages and get started
SHOP & SUPPORT US: Instore at your local Co-op or online with Easyfundraising
- We are delighted that Faurefold has been chosen to benefit from the Co-op Local Community Fund. Between now and 23 October 2021 every time members that have selected us as their good cause buy selected Co-op branded products and services, 1p for every pound spent goes to Faurefold. Co-op members can select us as their local cause by visiting https://membership.coop.co.uk/causes/55196 If you are a member please choose us as your selected charity and if not, please sign up using the following link coop.co.uk/membership. We really hope that you will visit the Co-op website or download the Co-op app and select us as your local cause.
- When you buy items or services online (from a range of around 2000 merchants) by going through a portal site like easyfundraising, a percentage of your spend is donated to Faurefold. The percentage varies by merchant, but Amazon for example gives 2%. To make this even easier use the Find and Remind application if you use a PC or Mac. Easyfundraising is also a good price comparison site, and has many voucher codes to offer too.
SIMPLY DONATE: We’re very happy to accept any donations by cheque or BACS of course, either from individuals or from Units, Corporate sponsors etc. Please ask the Treasurer, Roo for details on making a donation. Email email@example.com or You can donate directly via our Just Giving page
The Faurefold team and supporters fundraised intensively over 5 years (2012-2017) to construct the new building.
Erected in 2017 by ADV(UK) of Dorking, the fundraising effort benefited from the the generosity of many grant making bodies, that are recognised and thanked on our fundraising tree. These include:
- London Marathon Charitable Trust
- 2nd Dorking Guide Trust
- Surrey County Council
- Mole Valley District Council
- Reigate and Banstead Borough Council
- Peter Harrison Foundation
- Weston Foundation
- John Cowan Foundation
- Surrey Mirror – Heart of the Community
- Gatwick Community Trust
- Henry Smith Charity
- Horley Lions
- Business Contributions were gratefully received from:
- Foresters Friendly Society
In order that the building could be completed a loan was required so fundraising is still underway. Contact us if you would like to know more or have an idea for a fundraising event.